Re: You know your a DPO when

To: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Subject: Re: You know your a DPO when
From: Phil Willson <P.J.Willson@qmw.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 1995 15:45:12 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
2570) writes:

>>ps, Even though I am running the risk of
being flamed for my ignorance and
>>the
>>NON-triumph content of this question, what
actually is 'thanks giving' all
>>about?
>
>The early settlers gave thanks that they had
gotten the hell out of England
>and that the Indians hadn't eaten them or
anything (yet).  We've continued
>the tradition each year to give our women a
chance to gather together in the
>kitchen for an entire day to cook, serve and
clean up afterwards.  The men
>are forced to spend the day sitting around
drinking and watching football.

>Hope this clears it up...

>Don

The SOL alternative:

Thanksgiving is for when you've spent every
waking hour for the last 5 years working on
your LBC.  The Big Day comes, it fires up
first time, passes its safety and smog tests
and your wife is so proud of you that all your
efforts have been worthwhile and she hadn't
minded a bit that the happy homestead was
falling apart and you hadn't notice your
children grow up and .........

What else is there to do but have the biggest
celebration ever.  Only, I can't see how this
can be an annual event.

Phil

Phil Willson
Electronic Engineering Dept