Re: What happened to the Le Mans Spitfires ?

To: triumphs
Subject: Re: What happened to the Le Mans Spitfires ?
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 1995 20:03:59 -0700
Gee, ADU 1B is sitting right here in my driveway in Salt Lake,
though it hasn't been driven for a good 4 or 5 hours.  Still sunny
and 60 degree afternoons here, skiers are hating it.

But ADU 1B is just my Mark 1 Spit, I got the plate when I registered
the car last year.  And some folks may have seen that plate on the
back of my autocrosser at Rockford.  I may respray the car in a quick
coat of Delft Blue, same color as my TR6, to see how I like it on a
Spit.  I may do a LeMans style stripe on the nose, as well as paint
the ADU 1B on the nose.

Speaking of Spitfires at Le Mans, they all had similar paint schemes,
the dark green with the nose stripes.  One stripe was yellow, one was red,
and the third was ???

mjb.