Re: Re: What happened to the Le Mans Spitfires ?

To: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Subject: Re: Re: What happened to the Le Mans Spitfires ?
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 17:16:36 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
> On Mon, 27 Nov 1995, Chris Kantarjiev wrote:
>
> > Hmm, I have this memory of seeing a note in one of the TRF newsletters that
> > Charles currently owns one of the Le Mans Spits - don't know which one, and
> > think it's for sale. Anyone remember this (or perhaps more info)?

On Mon, 27 Nov 1995, Gregory Petrolati replied:

>       Charles has two TRS LeMans cars... These are the (rather famous to we
>       TR cognoscenti) cars with the "Sabrina" twin overhead cam engine. If
>       he has a Lemans Spit it's news to me.
>
>       Greg Petrolati

I seem to recall asking Dana Henry about this. I've lost the reply he sent
me, but I think the "LeMans Spitfire" referred to/pictured in the TRF
newsletter was, in fact, basically an old GT6 with a Spitfire engine.
Any race history, actual or implied, was primarily tongue-in-cheek.

Andrew Mace
10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Consultant
Vintage Triumph Register
amace@unix2.nysed.gov