RE: Triumphs 6-cyl -Reply

To: Ceraldi-ERC004_Richard%PWMS1@email.mot.com
Subject: RE: Triumphs 6-cyl -Reply
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 13:32:28 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Orie%PWMS1@email.mot.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
On 27 Nov 1995 Ceraldi-ERC004_Richard%PWMS1@email.mot.com wrote:

> >p.s. how big of a job is it to change the clutch on the gt6?  .......the
>bond's
> >slip is showing
>
> ...I do plan on purchasing a rebuilt transmission in
> the next few day and will be installing it without pulling the engine.
> If it is possible to do it from inside the car I'll let you know
> how that goes.

Rich, it is possible on a GT6 (don't know for sure about a Bond, though).
I happen to prefer it myself, partially because I don't usually have
access to a decent hoist for that boat anchor of an engine. Besides,
being a scrooge, I hate to spend money on new exhaust gaskets and all the
other stuff you really should replace when you remove and reinstall an
engine.

Removing the seats is a good idea. Having a second person to assist also
is a good idea. Having a clutch alignment tool is a REALLY good idea.
I've done it with none of the above, but I was desperate at the time!

  * New York State Library              phone: (518) 474-8541 (voice) *
  * 10D36 CEC, Albany, NY 12230                  (518) 486-2152 (fax) *
  *  "I was wonderin' why we live so much longer'n our imaginations!" *
  *     -- Broom Hilda                                                *