TR3A STEERING REBUILD

Subject: TR3A STEERING REBUILD
From: "Alexander Joseph H" <RW20232@deere.com>
Date: 30 Nov 1995 10:57:10 GMT
Apparently-to: triumphs@autox.team.net
Comment: MEMO
I am looking for anyone kind enough to give me a roadmap for rebuilding
the front steering on a tr3a (ts30000 something)

methods, checking, tips on disassembly & assembly, caveats, etc. would
all be useful.

of course at this point i have considerable play in the steering. i did
replace the idler pivot casting a couple of years ago, but the pivot arm
 needs replacing as well, based on the amount movement. i have the tie
rod ends in stock. i know that there is some adjustment in the steering
gears, but i think i am at the limits of this adjustment.

i would prefer doing this work without removing the front apron, but if
it is recommended, i will.

help joe out, please!!  dont feel sorry for me. i had the body off in
the mid 80s and short cut this obvious requirement. it was not a driver
when i bought it, but i know better that to skip something important
like steering, especially on this design.

this might be good for the whole list. i havnt seen it come up during
the short time i have been subscribed.

thanks

joe alexander
rw20232@deere.com