Re: Electric "fool" pumps

To: grayoak@holly.colostate.edu
Subject: Re: Electric "fool" pumps
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 95 02:00:56 MST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Nick,
 Electric fuel pumps are supposed to be mounted level with mid point of fuel
tank. Keeps them primemd and the don't have to work so hard. Fender well
or firewall is okay.
 Won't completely eliminate vapour-lock. Suggest you move fuel line away from
sources of heat or install heat deflector. You may need to get ingenious
here. I used aluminium sheet to make deflector. Also, Noise from pum may
be a bother as it was to me. Isolate by using rubber from pickup truck
tie-down rubber expansion bushings. drill three holes. One on each end
and in the middle depending on pump bracket. countersink pump mounting
hardware into rubber and mount rubber to chasis or body. Pump hardware
should not touch any part of chasis or body. You may not find the noise a
bother, but I would rather hear the engine than the pump.
Good luck
Tony R.
66,67,68,69GT6
64TR4 oops