Z-S Carburator Adjustment Problem

To: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Subject: Z-S Carburator Adjustment Problem
From: paisley@boulder.nist.gov (Scott W. Paisley)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 1995 07:54:59 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Joe,

I posted this to the british-cars list a while back, but it the answer
you are looking for, I think...

The problem you are having is that your needles are STUCK.

I've had success freeing stuck needles with a bit of patience and
silicon spray.  Remove the entire carb top cover, (four screws) and
then remove the dash pot top.  Remove the keeper screw for the needle.
Drain the oil out.  Spray the silicon down into the carb top, allowing
it to penetrate the needle top.  I use silicon as it won't rot the
rubber seals.  WD40 works too, but clean the carb out with silicon
after to remove the WD40 oils.  Wait.  Take a firm grip of the carb
top, and slowly work the allen key back and forth.  If it doesn't move
just work it to apply pressure on each side.  Spray more magical
mystery stuff in to the needle.  Wait.  Work some more.  It should
free.

-Scotty
 '70 TR6
 '75 TR6