Z-S Carburator Adj Problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Z-S Carburator Adj Problems
From: GBSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 16:57:44 -0500
Forgive me if this is a repeat - I posted a previous message on this but
never saw it get on the list.

Tried to adjust my Stromberg Carbs last weekend.  According to the color tune
they were too lean (or was that yellow instead of white - by the way how DO
you tell the difference)

Nevertheless - finally got my hands on THE TOOL (TRF, VB & Moss were all
backordered)  Got the tool in, secured, found the seat at the bottom, but
darned if I could get it to turn.

I didn't want to put too much pressure on it, but I gave it a pretty good
turn in both directions, couldn't get it to budge.

ANY IDEAS AS TO WHY??  My theory is that the DPO turned it too far tothe lean
side and the needle came out of the threads.  Does this sound right to you
all.

If so, How to fix - and is getting into the carbs a real job?

Thanks for any advice etc.

JoeSimcoe