non-adjustable ZS carb needles

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: non-adjustable ZS carb needles
From: "Jeff Wagner" <JWAGNER@jmail.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 16:50:45 EST
Tom Gentry replied to:
>>Don't some ZS carbs have "non-adjustable" needles ?

with:
>They are often referred to as "non-adjustable", but in fact you just need
>the special ZS tool to do the adjustment.
>
>Tom Gentry

Hmmm.  I assume you're talking about the long hex wrench with the
special fitting that goes down inside the dashpot.  On my carbs, that
tool doesn't do anything.  There is nothing for it to engage with,
just the end of the hole in the aluminum casting.  I don't have
adjustable jets either.  I've never found any way to adjust the
mixture on these carbs, other than to find and fix all the air leaks.
Am I missing something?

Jeff Wagner
'72 TR6, College Park MD