Re: Oil - Grades and Brands

To: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Subject: Re: Oil - Grades and Brands
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 14:05:10 -0600 (CST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 12 Dec 1995 JoeSimcoe@aol.com wrote:

> I imagine that this thread has been explored before so forgive me - but
>
> Would everyone put in their 2 cents about what grade/brand motor oil they
> use?

        In my TR4's previous engine incarnation I used Penzoil 20-W50 from
        day one til last year's "big rebuild". I had no problems with the car
        Changing the oil 3 or 4 times during the summer (depending how hard
        or far I drove te car). I decided to try something different after the
        rebuild, so I broke the car in on Castrol 10-W30, then switched to M
        obil 1 15-W45(?). This winter I'll be pulling the oil pan to stop some
        leaks. I'll have a peek at the big end rod journals at that time...
        `Keep you posted.

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois