Tight Gearbox in TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tight Gearbox in TR6
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 10:37:26 -0500
Hope you all don't get tired of my posts - but the question TODAY is -

As we continue to get used to this car, we now find that in cold weather (yes
it does get cold - ok, cool - here in Louisiana) that the gear box feels like
it is full of molassis.  Once the car is run for a while and the gears warm
up the oil it gets loose.

We have not yet changed out the oil, although did have it topped up when our
mechanic had it on the rack.  Didn't ck but am assuming that he used 90
weight oil.

A) Is this supposed to be like this (yeah, I know - but you can't blame me
for wishful thinking)
B) Does anyone else experience this
C) what do you all use in your gearbox's

TIA
JoeSimcoe