TR3 bow colours?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 bow colours?
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 13:52:09 -0800
Time for another question.

What colour should the sticks (bows for the soft top), the straps, and strap
mounting plates be?

I have noticed that a lot of "restored TR3s have black bows and black webbing.

My sticks came without webbing.  The sticks and mounting plates were painted
black.  When I went to refinish them, I discovered signal red (original colour
of this car) underneath the black paint on both the sticks and webbing mounting
plates.

I just picked up a set of sticks to replace my original that went to the dump
when the paint shop went out of business.  Its light blue with flaking black
paint over them.  There were remains of natural colour webbing.

My car was made in spring of '90 and the other car I believe was a '57.

What are other people finding (factory black cars do not count) as stick
colours?  Why is everyone painting them black?

What colour should the webbing on my sticks be? Car is TS75519L, from factory,
signal red, black upholstry with white piping, white soft top and side curtains.

TeriAnn

twakeman@apple.com