Re: TR3 bow colours?

To: twakeman@apple.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 bow colours?
From: JHarroun@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 1995 00:26:02 -0500
TeriAnn,

I checked, and the bows for my soft top were also painted black, over the
original white.  My guess is that black paint is just easy to come by in
spray cans.  The webbing was a white (with some mildew) cotton-like material,
very different than the nylon webbing I would expect to see as a relpacement.
 The nylon is probably superior for wear and weather resistance.
The webbing is held on with small (1/2" x 1-1/2") plates, held down by two
slotted counter-sunk screws.  If you are interested, I would be willing to
cut off a sample of the webbing and send it to you for your research.  It
will have to be replaced anyway.

Jim Harroun