Re: Depressed state during winter...

To: rodney@mindoro.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Depressed state during winter...
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 11:30:04 -0500
In a message dated 96-11-01 00:16:44 EST, rodney@mindoro.com (Rodney Orr)
writes:

<<  In the Nov.'96 issue of Road & Track,
 the Engineering Editor suggested keeping the clutch pedal depressed with a
 wooden dowl during storage.  This apparently keeps the pressure plate,
 clutch disc and flywheel apart and prevents them from rusting together. Can
 anyone comment if this is worth doing?
 Thanks,
 Rod.  '70 TR6  CC55899L >>
I read the same article and thought he must have forgotten some of us
(ALL of us TR nuts) have hydraulics  between our foot and our pressure
plates.
My thought is that its certainly worth doing SOMETHING to keep the disc and
flywheel apart (maybe disconnect the slave cylinder pushrod from the cross-
shaft arm and tie the cross shaft arm back) but if you prop the clutch pedal
down all winter you're keeping hydraulic pressure in the clutch master and
slave cylinders and wouldn't you be assured of having a leak somewhere
before spring ??
Jack Mc
73 TR6 CF870U