Fwd: Depressed state during winter...

To: rodney@mindoro.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Depressed state during winter...
From: Carelallen@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1996 13:08:45 -0500
Rod,

I have used the clutch stick routine for several years when I park my TR6 for
the winter. I cut a 2x2 to fit between the clutch pedal and the pivot point
of the driver's seat frame. I cut a notch across the end of the board so it
does not slip of of the seat frame. This works quite well. In addition (as
others have recommended), I start and run the car periodically during the
winter. The longest I have let the clutch sit at one time with the board is
approx 6 weeks. I have never had the clutch leak while doing this (so far!).
To me, it seems like cheap insurance against the rusty, stuck clutch.

Carel Allen
Ann Arbor, Michigan
71 Stag, 74 TR6, 64 TR4