Re: TR3 Jack

To: johnhaynes@som-uky.campus.mci.net, jibrooks@juno.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Jack
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 16:05:44 -0500
In a message dated 96-11-01 08:44:42 EST, johnhaynes@SOM-UKY.CAMPUS.MCI.NET
(John Haynes) writes:

> -- snip -- This hole is not needed on on
>  the TR4 thru TR6 models, but was retained.  Why??
>     Sam Haynes TR3 Original Owner>

John, not completely correct.  The TR4 (CT xxxxx built from 1962 to '64) uses
the same hole and jack as the TR3.  [The TR4A (1965) and follow-on models on
that SIZE chassis (i.e. TR5, TR250, & TR6) had a scissor jack as standard
equip., as far as I remember.]
  There are some fairly significant differences (besides the IRS option)
between the TR4 and TR4A which seem to be forgotten at times.  Triumph did
not add the "A" for no reason. :-)   The TR4A (and subsequent models) frame
was re-engineered because of the IRS.  That could have been what led to the
use of a scissor jack.

Art Kelly '64TR4 CT 33118L (original owner - 1st car ever owned and I've
managed to use the jack a few times.)