TR3 - Frame Identification No.'s

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 - Frame Identification No.'s
From: ron botting <ron_botting@mindlink.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 96 19:51 PST
Here's one for the collective wisdom of the list !

While working on my '57 3A frame (TS23731), I was amused to observe frame
identification No. ' Z 28 ', alas the first 'Zee' car !
None of reference books (B. Piggott) or literature which I have read to-date
makes reference to the Frame identification codes. My Service Instruction
Manual (Red Book) clearly illustrates what appears to be the a pre stamped
(Z) followed by a blank space and then what appears to be an (8). i.e. [ Z_
8] on the fold out specification illustration. As my frame is stamped Z28,
does the (2) denote a series number ? model change etc ?,  Were all frames
stamped Z28 ?

Thoughts, comments, suggestions

Ron Botting
Surrey, B.C. Canada