More Float Level/little story

To: "jstovall@earthlink.net" <jstovall@earthlink.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: More Float Level/little story
From: "Thorlin, Robert (AZ76)" <rthorlin@space.honeywell.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 1996 09:08:00 -0500
Encoding: 78 TEXT
Hey Jeff,

That's nothing, you'll have to do much better than that to impress
people
around here - here's a _real_ near collision story:

    I was out on my drivers license practical exam - the driving part -
in
Yuma , AZ, when I came to a stop sign before turning left onto a major (
for
Yuma ) road.  I looked left ( couldn't see much beyond the palm tree on
the
corner ) and looked right... all clear.  As I turned left merging with
traffic I saw a LARGE armored truck - Purolator I think.  That guy was
hiding
behind that damn palm tree just waiting to trip me up. I decided that I
was
committed to the manuver, so I goosed it and I believe came to within a
few
feet of his front-left bumper ('bumper' is a bit of an understatement
for any
part of an armored car).  After the DMV examiner peeled his fingers from
the
'Oh Shit'-handles, he directed me to return to the DMV bldg.  He seemed
astonished when I had the gonads to ask 'How'd I do?'.

It was ten years before I was secure enough in my manhood to relate this

story in the presence of other men.  I passed the test a few weeks
later, by
the way.  It was with a different examiner though.  The other guy was on

vacation or getting a visectomy or something like that as I recall.

To all:    Any leads on Triumphs ( Spitfires hopefully ) in Arizona?

Mike Thorlin
-----
REPLY FROM: Thorlin, Robert (AZ76)
Microsoft Mail v3.0 (MAPI 1.0 Transport) IPM.Microsoft Mail.Note