Re: More Float Level/little story

To: jstovall@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: More Float Level/little story
From: CBrown1500@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 1996 20:23:29 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<< Okay, this is just one little question. Will the car not start if
 the float level is too _low_? This might be a prob for me and my ZS carbs,
 as I just fitted  the carbs back on tonight and it wouldn't start. I doubt
 I flooded it, but, hey, anything could happen. >>

Jeff,

Yes, if the float level is too low in the jet, the vacuum created by trying
to start the car will not be sufficient to draw fuel into the air flow. The
fuel level in the jet should be about 1/8" below the top of the tube. Pull
the damper/cover assembly and look down into the jet for the fuel level.
Adjust the float level accordingly

Have you just overhauled the carbs? If the fuel level seems OK, check for a
good clean spark from the coil.

Good luck,
Charlie B.