exhaust/carbs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: exhaust/carbs
From: Ed Burger <eburger@sagelink.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 1996 14:49:47 -0500 (EST)
I just got done doing a very close inspection of my Spit.  There are some
major problems though.  The biggest one was that there is no exhaust
system on my spit!  There are pieces of it in the trunk ;)  Anyway, I was
wondering what the wonderfull world of aftermarket parts has for the '65
Spitfire's exhaust.

Second thing, the carbs are disgusting looking.  I want to clean them up
(I don't have the money to replace them).  I plan to send away for  pair
of carb rebuild kits, but what else can I do to get it back into good
shape?  My father suggested soaking them in gas.  Any suggestions?

Ed
'65 Spitfire4