Re: TRF Engine Rebuilds

To: adamw@a2a.com (adam wahler), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TRF Engine Rebuilds
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 06:46:14 -0800
At  8:38 AM 11/5/96 -0500, adam wahler wrote:
<snip?
>So, what I am asking is has anyone had work done by TRF, and if so how as it?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Adam

I had a couple of SUs from my MGBGT refurbished by them.  I got back
different carbs but they were like new.

I had my TR3 steering box rebuilt.  The adjustment was slightly off when I
checked it.  They took it back and readjusted it.  I'm happy with the
results.

Quality of the end products looked very good.  I wouldn't hesitate to send
them more stuff, assuming that they haven't had major personel turnovers.

I almost never order parts from them anymore though.  There seems to have
been a large turnover in people handling the Level II phone lines.  The
last four or five times I made parts orders I got a sales person who didn't
seem to know which end of a TR3 was the front.  Since The Roadster Factory
doesn't have a TR2-3B catalogue I'm stuck trying to describe a part for a
late TR3A that isn't in the TR2 parts book that the Level II guy is looking
at.  As a result, I've received some wrong parts, decided in the middle of
a couple orders to split the order between TRF and Moss and ordered only
parts that were in the glove box companion, and even once canceled an order
after deciding that the guy was guessing wrong and ordered the Part from
Moss.

The mechanics seemed like Pros, but my last refurbish order was a couple of
years ago.  A couple of years ago the Level II phone people wae frist rate
and very knowledgable.

TeriAnn

twakeman@scruznet.com