TRF Engine Rebuilds

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TRF Engine Rebuilds
From: adamw@a2a.com (adam wahler)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 08:38:16 -0500 (EST)
I am having an engine built by TRF for my 1967 TR4A IRS.
They were having a 25% off sale, and the price was too good to be true (I
think).
For a complete long block, it is costing me $2375 (excluding core charges)
for ane engine with 87mm pistons/liners and cylinder head with all new
valves completely assembled and shipped to my mechanic for installation.

We figured with a one year, 12,000 mile warranty, lets have the engine come
assembled. This way, any problems would be theirs, not ours.

Also, the tappets are on back order, so the money can sit in the bank while
still saving 25%.

So, what I am asking is has anyone had work done by TRF, and if so how as it?

Thanks,

Adam