Re: triumph reliabilty

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: triumph reliabilty
From: Kris Cotton <krisc@pi.bns.com.au>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 12:33:29 +1030
At 18:03 05/11/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I am considering buying a TR-6.  My only concern is the reliabilty.  I'm
What parts are only 90% the car has lasted this long & with a bit of tender
loving care should last another few years
I am restoring some Heralds and for the record everything that needs repair
eg diffs even if they don't need it will be repaired herald & spitfire
owners will understand (mongrels to get in and out arn't they )
All the money has been spent on the body, the diff and running gear now the
car should last another 36 years.minor engine work excepted
Ps the photo's showing the amount of rust present under the "good paint" are
ready for scanning anybody who doesn't believe in totally stripping the
paint off and derusting before rebuilding email me "you will believe "
Tony