re:Machine Shops in SE Michigan

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re:Machine Shops in SE Michigan
From: Jeff Williamson <jaws@mich.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 1996 10:37:06 -0500
Tom Ambrose wrote:
> Subject: Good Shop in S.E. Michigan?
>
> I've followed this +bad shop+ thread with interest. Does someone have
> a recommendation for a +good shop+ in SE Michigan?

Last year, I took a TR4A block and head to Canton Auto Parts in Canton
Michigan. That's sort of between Ann Arbor and Detroit. They have a
well-equipped machine shop in the back (I know what you're thinking, but
keep reading).

I supplied the parts, and they replaced the cylinder liners, cam
bearings, exhaust valves, and valve guides. They made sure that the
shims were properly placed under the liners and checked for the correct
clearances, and that the cam bearings were properly oriented for the oil
passages. They also did the normal cleaning, head shaving, checking for
cracks, and re-seating of valves.

Their price seemed reasonable ($185), their service was good, and the
motor runs great!!!

Good Luck!

Jeff Williamson
Belleville, MI