Re: Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild

To: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@fn.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild
From: Kris Cotton <krisc@pi.bns.com.au>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 23:38:43 +1030
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
At 14:41 08/11/96 +0000, you wrote:
>Bill Munts wrote:
>>
>> Hi Folks,

>> somewhat differently and have different physical dimensions as follows.
>>
>> Original =      Marked as 25 P4640
>>                 I.D. = .3275"
>>                 O.D. = .7450"
>>                 Thickness = .2500"
>>
>> Replacement =   Marked as 24 P4640
>>                 I.D. = .2875"
>>                 O.D. = .7400"
>>                 Thickness = .2400"
>>
>> I can put the original seal on without too much trouble, but the replacement
Hi  Have spoken to the PBR brake people & the parts above should be the
correct ones RE: the  internal is a tapered hole one end should be .327 &
the other end should be .288 of an inch.
Are you using anything with "sharp" edge to place them on the piston there
is a lubricant avail. to help with fitting as brake fluid itself is not a
lubricant.
Tony