Re: Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild

To: Bill Munts <muntsb@HiWAAY.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 09:54:20 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Fri, 8 Nov 1996, Bill Munts wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I need some wisdom from the early Spitfire guys with cars with tandem master
> cylinders.  I'm having problems with the primary piston seal.  I purchased
>the
> rebuild kit from Vicky Brit (TRF was out of stock)....

> ...The seals are both made in Australia...

Bill, sorry to say, that line says it all. Please, folks, I've no
intention of slamming the land down under, or Vicky Brit, or Paul Hogan
or anything else relative to Australia. But my experience with anything
other than original Girling kits has always been exactly as you've described.

My advice: bide your time and wait for TRF or someone else to get you a
genuine Girling rebuild kit.

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *