Re: Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild

To: steveb@verity.com (Stephen Benelisha)
Subject: Re: Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild
From: muntsb@HiWAAY.net
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 96 02:03:55 GMT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On 11/8/96 2:52PM, in message <32839D8F.48D5@verity.com>, Stephen Benelisha
<steveb@verity.com> wrote:

> Can't wait to hear how it goes. I just split the primary piston seal
> for my TR6. The new one should arrive by next tues. I thought that
> it was just me - not having the "touch".
>
> I am wondering if warming up the seal in hot water would help -
> or hurt?
>
> -Steve
> '74 TR6

Steve, and all,

I asked the same question about warming the seal up in hot water (I knew
better), but I was reminded by Tony that water and brake systems (or parts)
don't mix well.  So far I have found out that the VB kit is distributed by
Beck/Arnley Worldparts out of Nashville.  The seals themselves are made in
Australia.  I spoke with TRF today about thier kits (which were out of stock
when I ordered the VB kit) the guy on the phone said they were Lucas (?) kits
made in England.  I am not saying that the Australian parts are bad (so no
flames please) only that if VB connot supply a seal that won't split at least I
have an alternative.

I suspected that I was not alone with this problem, I'll keep you guys posted.

Bill M.
'70 Mk3 Spitfire