Re: my rear end hangs too low!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: my rear end hangs too low!
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 07:42:52 1996
Cc: diiulio@ix.netcom.com
Due to attempting to find a rear end noise, I rebuilt a '76
rear end 3 times.  Each time replacing only the parts I thought
caused it, driving it a week each time...

While the springs most certainly sag and new stock ones will fix
part of the problem...

The most amazing change was replacing the rear bushes with the
TRF Nylatron Kit HP130.  They eliminated the "throttle" steer
which I thought was part of the design, "stiffened" up the rear
(I'd highly recommend stock springs w/Nylatron), and raised the
rear bumper 1".

This single change made the car steer crisply.

I used 3" piece of 1.5" PVC and a 6" Craftsman C-clamp to remove/install.

Looking at another '76, you can see the sag in the OEM bushes.

Roger

--
Roger G. Bolick, rgb@exact.com, (512) 794-9567, FAX 345-2879