Re: tr6 won't start....

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tr6 won't start....
From: "Jim Sudduth" <jim.sudduth@autodesk.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 96 10:52:28 PST
     A likely cause is that the battery was run down by your first drive,
     so check it and if it's low you probably have an alternator/charging
     system problem.

     One other possibility: I had an old, beat up '57 Mercedes 190 that
     would start fine when it was cold but after the engine warmed up it
     would just click when I turned the ignition key. Battery was good.
     Turned out that the engine heat was causing something in either the
     starter or solenoid to swell and bind. If I waited until it cooled off
     again it would start right up.

     Jim Sudduth
     '74 TR-6 CF20076U
     jims@autodesk.com