Re: plastic dashboards

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: plastic dashboards
From: Kris Cotton <krisc@pi.bns.com.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 11:28:41 +1030
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
At 13:17 13/11/96 +0500, you wrote:
>NOTE: I know what the rest of you are saying: "Take this to
>silly.heralds@autox.team.net!" ;-)

__________________________________________________________________________--
WOT U MEAN THIS LIST ISN'T ONLY for Heralds???
I will take a piccy and scan it eventually
the plastic is a non UV resistant type and the list confirmed my worst fears
another modification not known else where.
the dash is blaskish grey but in early years may have been all black,
appears to be inj moulded  /coupe style setout of gauges (price of car just
went up 2000%)
I do use an unusual method of working out the year of manufacture better
than factory records  I theeenk!
the windscreen wiper motor has a manufacturing date on the side plate for
the eccecentric arm to gear. I tend to use this date for aging Heralds the
date is in month/year format
Tony
Sth Oz