More Brake MC Problems - 70 Spit

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumph List)
Subject: More Brake MC Problems - 70 Spit
From: muntsb@HiWAAY.net
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 96 05:13:57 GMT
AARGH! I really hate working on brakes.  After resolving the brakes master
cylinder seal problem I figured I was out of the woods.  Well I put everything
back together today and started bleeding them.  The cylinder is leaking A LOT
out through the dust cover.  The seals were installed properly and they are in
great shape.  I'm starting to think that perhaps this MC is from a different
year Spit or some other car.  Is the bore in the master cylinder larger on GT6
and MkIV to 1500 Spits than in the MkIII Spit?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.  This problem is starting to get
old.  If I don't get to drive the Spit soon I may go into shock ;-).

Thanks

Bill M.
'70 MkIII Spitfire