Re: More Brake MC Problems - 70 Spit

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: Re: More Brake MC Problems - 70 Spit
From: Steve Benelisha <steveb@verity.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 13:18:16 -0800
Cc: "'muntsb@HiWAAY.net'" <muntsb@HiWAAY.net>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Peter-

  Yes my front piston (Called the "secondary piston" in the
  instructions) "dropped" in quite easily. I suspect that the
  bore may be tapered so that it gets narrower as you go in
  although I can't be sure of that. Actually, I can tell you
  that mine is probably tapered because of all that honing I had
  to do...

  Did you take apart your secondary piston assembly? I found it
  to be a little difficult to get all the little parts back
  together correctly. If the movement in the secondary piston
  assembly is jammed, then that may cause a loss of pressure
  to the back brakes. Since the primary and secondary piston
  are coupled by a large spring, you might not be able to
  feel or detect the jam.

  Keep in mind that I'm totally guessing here. I'm sure that
  someone else on the list has been there for real.

  Good luck
  '74 TR6