RE: More Brake MC Problems - 70 Spit

To: "'muntsb@HiWAAY.net'" <muntsb@HiWAAY.net>, "'Steve Benelisha'" <steveb@verity.com>
Subject: RE: More Brake MC Problems - 70 Spit
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 13:56:41 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Encoding: 60 TEXT
Steve,

When you did your MC, did you notice if the front piston seal (the one which
fits around the first piston you insert and looks kinda like a double O-ring)
was giving you any kind of a tight fit. I am trying to rebuild mine and can't
get my brakes to bleed even though there is no leaking. I suspec the reason is
that this seal is not doing its job properly but I am not sure.

I am putting in the main seal the way you describe. But when I insert the front
piston on its own just to test it, it basically falls in. I checked the seal
(the double O-ring one) I got with the kit against the original and the appear
the same size. The main seal (the umbrella seal I think it's called) provides a
very nice tight fit BTW.

I am rebuilding my MC not because it didn't work but because my car has sat
(indoors) for 8 years so it's just precautionary. The brakes worked fine when I
parked the car 8 yrs ago (shame on me).

Can you recall your experience with this double O-ring seal?

Thanks in advance.

Peter Zaborski, Calgary AB Canada
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
peterz@merak.com