Re: triumphs@autox.team.net digest #431 Sun Nov 17 02:35:00 MST 1996

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: triumphs@autox.team.net digest #431 Sun Nov 17 02:35:00 MST 1996
From: jacad <jacad@cam.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 08:43:08 -0500
> Subject: Re: TR3 Pearl White
>
> Pearl White      Dockers/ICI: BF.5460      Dittzler:  8204
> Some time ago there was a discussion about PPG color lab being able to
> cross reference into current codes.  If you have trouble with the above, let
>me know and I will find out the telno.
> On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, len drake wrote:
>
> > Can someone in our group come up with a paint code for the Pearl
> > White color as used on a 1956 TR3 small mouth?  I would like to
> > find a code for acrylic enamel.

> That PPG color library telephone number is 216-572-2800 Ext 800 Give them the
>dockers or dittzer code and in about 1 minute they'll give
you the modern day equivalents.

Barry Shefner
59 TR3A OTS 57675

------------------------------

> Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 20:22:53 -0500
> From: Nickbk@aol.com
> Subject: TR3 Motor Mounts

> >>As an aside , the TR4 engine uses different engine mounts according to a
> >friend who put one in his TR3.
> >

> Barry-
>
> It ends up being a little more complicated than just front mounts. The front
> plate must be a TR3 unit as the TR4 plate is too wide. This involves removing
> the front pulley, timing cover, water pump, generator, timing gears (don't
> forget to align them BEFORE you pull them off), then changing the plate and
> putting everything back on.
> Motor mounts on the 3 have always been a bear, but this will get you if you
> don't pay close attention. No fun havin to pull the nicely fresh-painted
> pieces off the front end of the motor with the engine and tranny hangin half
> way into the chassis after spending all of Sat afternoon swearing and
> wonderin why you can't get that pesky motor mount to line up !
>
> Who me ? Nope wouldn't have been There...or done That
>   Nick in Nor Cal
>
> Nick,

   I was misquoted.(Stuart added the line about the motor mounts.)
Originally I only pointed out that carls TR4 engine block (which was
already in his TR3) was identical to the block which was used in the 3
except for pistons and the breather plug. You are absolutely right about
the front bolt on plate though, it is different and anyone contemplating
putting a 4 engine into a 3 has to swap the front plate.(prefereably
before painting the engine)

"Amazing how trouble free a Triumph becomes when you are the
passenger"
Barry Shefner
59 TR3A OTS 57675