RE: Help, Carburettor Leak

To: "'Jim Cullen'" <jcullen@direct.ca>
Subject: RE: Help, Carburettor Leak
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 06:02:57 -0800
Cc: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
. >I've got the Stromberg CD carb (150 CDSE), which is the stock carb
>(I think).

>Thanks in advance

>Jim Cullen, 1974 Spitfire, aka "Jade"

Jim,
        You've no doubt figured it out by now.....the plastic (brass capped)
plug in the bottom of the fuel bowl has a rubber o-ring seal, which should be
replaced.  This plug can ONLY be removed from the inside of the fuel bowl as
the plastic tabbing setup is not the strongest, and you will break them if not
careful.  I eliminated the problem altogether by swapping the offending fuel
bowl with that of a later year ZS 150 with NO PLUG!

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar