Help, Carburettor Leak

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Help, Carburettor Leak
From: Jim Cullen <jcullen@direct.ca>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 21:56:30 -0800
What a wonderful day, 30 cm of snow at Whistler, and 40 cm at the local
mountains. My heart was leaping thinking of cranking some fresh turns on my
boards, but wait... I look at Jade in the garage, and notice an atypical
nasty wet spot on the ground. Perhaps, she wanted to make sure I hadn't
forgot about her. Further inspection reveals a steady (every 20 sec.
approx.) drip of gas from the bottom plug of the caburettor. I've
disconnected the fuel feed, and now await help from masters of the list. I
would really appreciate any insight, because over the past two years that
I've owned my spit they've been great and I've never had experience with
other cars carbs. Are there any ideas out there where/why this dripping is
occuring. I've got the Stromberg CD carb (150 CDSE), which is the stock carb
(I think).

Thanks in advance

Jim Cullen, 1974 Spitfire, aka "Jade"