Re: advice

To: Ed Burger <eburger@sagelink.com>
Subject: Re: advice
From: Mike Mason <mmason@lindenwood.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 14:02:10 -0600 (CST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I did much the same thing.  I was about to turn a leased car bck to the
dealer and was going to get the TR6 ready for everyday use.  As it turned
out the repairs have taken longer than expected.  You always run into
more than you bargained for on old cars and old houses.

I was fortunate in that the dealer worked out an extension...still paying
through the nose for this machine, but as I have had to wait for parts,
etc, I am glad to have this other car for the time being.  I would rather
put the monthly payments into the LBC, but it's too far to walk to work.

I drove an MG everyday for fifteen years and figured it cost me an
average of $1,000 a year, and that was tax, gas, insurance, everything.
Granted it was a few years ago, but still a cheap ride.  After paying big
bucks for two new cars, I have decided to go back to an LBC.  I will save
enought to rent a car for long trips and I only use it for going back and
forth to work.

I lived in Nebraska and now in St. Louis, so snow and rust is a problem.
I just figure part of the cost of running the thing is new pannels every
few years.  Besides, there is nothing more fun than kicking up snow in a
LBC!  Have fun and DRIVE 'EM!!