re: Spitfire floor panels / Flintstonemobile

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Spitfire floor panels / Flintstonemobile
From: Silikal@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 10:51:28 -0500
I've got a set of floor pans for my '68/'69 Spit/6+ and I've noticed that
they seem to be for the MkIV-1500 series.  The ribbing is a different
shape, and the depression in the seat area isn't as deep.  I got these
about, uhh, 8 years ago, and have yet to install them.  When I got
them, they were the only floorpans available for Spits, and they look
like they'll fit up okay.  I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed
the differences, and if proper MkI-III flors are available now.  If so, I can
still use these in the second Spit, which will hopefully be a less-critical
restoration to become an SCCA Production racecar.

Dave Williamson  (silikal@aol.com)  Spits in bits
PS - For the person starting out in restoration -- an air-powered cutoff
tool (like a die grinder with a cutting disc) is very handy. A high-speed
4" grinder is also good for rust and weld cleanup, etc. A quality MIG
welder (that uses bottled gas) is the easiest way to weld.