Heater fan

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Heater fan
From: Andrew Linkens <alinkens@pcsi.cirrus.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 11:16:08 -0800
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP8484304781alinkens@farnborough>
Hi,
        My heater fan in my Herald has died. It's never worked very efficiently
and demisting/heating etc has never been very good. I'd like to fit something a
bit better than the original so has anyone done this and improved the blower?
If so, what car did the fan come from etc????
        Oh by the way, has anyone stuck a modern gearbox in a Vitesse or GT6
(with the original engine)????? I'd love an O/D (or 5th gear) on mine but as
funds are limited I reckon a modern box could be a good option.
thanks in advance for any help
Andy