Re:TR6 clutch trouble

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:TR6 clutch trouble
From: dynamic@pbgi.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 09:02:42 -0800
Sholtes IV, TonyR:

Thank you for the reply!  These events that I talk about with my clutch
hydraulics are a little blurry, since they happened so long ago, but I'm
pretty sure that I used a hone on the cylinders at LEAST once.  And, it
sounds to me like I've got something to learn in this area, too, from what
you both describe.  The only thing I can say is to remind you (politely)
that this happened with a BRAND NEW master cylinder TWICE, and a BRAND NEW
slave cylinder once.  No honing was involved with these installations.  I
have used the DOT4 fluid to lubricate the parts, as well as clean them.  I
have only used the red grease supplied with the kits or with the new parts
only where the pushrod enters the cylinder, under that rubber boot.  I
never thought that it could be used to lubricate the actual parts inside.

Thanks again for your input, it may yet have some possibilities!

Pete Chadwell