Re: FW: RUSTED FLOORBOARD REPAIR METHODS?

To: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Subject: Re: FW: RUSTED FLOORBOARD REPAIR METHODS?
From: drake@direct.ca (len drake)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 14:11:04 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Ross D. Vincenti wrote....
>What you really need, if you are not willing to take
>the time to place a cover over your car when it rains, are one way drain
>valves that let water out, but don't let in water spraying up from the road,
>soaking the carpet underlayment.  Haven't seen such a device, doubt one
>exists ..........
Yes the British did make a one way drain valve for floor boards!  I own a 1956
Berkeley (fibreglass 2 seater conv with chain driven f.w.d. motorcycle power)
that uses little devices in the floor pan for this purpose.  They are
stamped out of tin and are sort of a circular piece with a slot in the rear
of it
to let moisture out, but the slot is far enough back to prevent road grime from
coming in.  There are about half a dozen or so of these pop riveted to the
belly pan of my car underneath holes in the floor,

Cheers,

Scott Drake