RE: new subscriber&TR6 clutch trouble

To: Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Subject: RE: new subscriber&TR6 clutch trouble
From: drake@direct.ca (len drake)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 13:46:41 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Michael - what I would suggest is to jack up the front end
of the car about one foot, start the engine and let it run for
30 seconds so that the crankshaft ends up in the rearmost position.
Shut off the engine and have a friend sit in the car.  Have him
depress the clutch pedal while you watch the front end of the
crankshaft and determine how much movement there is on the
crank by visually watching the pulley.  If you get movement
of more than a few thousandths, you should check the thrust
washers.  There is also a good article on this in the VTR pages.

Cheers,

Len Drake