Removing old glue

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Removing old glue
From: tonyr@dzn.com
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 14:10:58 -0600
>Happy Thanksgiving!

SU>I am one of the lucking ones whose parents and in-laws live within 15
SU>miles of each other, and we are within ten miles of both (I know, some of
SU>you may not view this as lucky!). Anyway, checking mail this am before
SU>the gorging begins.

SU>I am getting ready to do some interior work and remove the old carpet.
SU>Any recommendations on what is the easiest way to clean out the old
SU>glueing used to secure the carpet/padding? I experimented with some
SU>thinners and spirit, but found this to be inadequate. Am I expecting too
SU>much to think that there is a way to ewasily disolve this?

SU>Hope you all have/had a great thanksgiving.

SU>Scott Suhring
SU>Elizabethtown, PA
SU>'70 TR6

Scott, after glue (contact cement) has completely cured, which means all
the petroleum products have evaporated, most solvents are only marginal
at best.
 You best hope is a good scraper and heat gun.
 This will only let you get the bulk of the crud up, then laquer thinner
or aersol carb cleaner will usually get the let over stuff.
Regards
TonyR
--
The Digital Zone  (915) 751-0131 voice (915) 759-8100 data
http://www.dzn.com