Chatting about TR3 Camber

To: s_malone@metro.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Chatting about TR3 Camber
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 20:33:50 -0500

>Hi, I need some help.
>Looks like the rightside upper fulcrum needs to
>move out about 1/4 inch. How can you move the camber
>in that direction?

Steve-

Before you "do" anything about the camber problem, lets "chat" the problem to
death.

I'll start.
Let me make sure I understand your problem. The top of the tire leans in
toward the motor? This is not a normal problem for a TR3 unless it has been
in an accident and the suspension or upright was bent, the lower mount to the
frame is broken away, the cross pin and bushes on the trunion are worn, or
the bushes on the lower control arm are worn.
I would look at the problems in the reverse order of the above. I think that
you will find the "real" problem in there somewhere.

While I've got the Chat Mode at full volume...how about those 6 cylinder
engine and head numbers. So far the survey has only gotten about 6 responses!
Come on, you don't even have to jack the car up or anything. Just take a rag
and clean off two little spots, one for the engine no, and one for the head
number. Its not hard, really.

The Car Curmudgeon
  Nick in Nor Cal