Re: FW: Spitfire info (books)

To: shawmon@worldnet.att.net, Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: Spitfire info (books)
From: S1500@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 16:26:01 -0500
Worldly Scions,

> Shawn Mann wrote: [edited]
>I just purchased a 79 Spit, and as its my first Triumph (or LBC of any
>sort, for that manner), I'm looking for some good books on it.

Ross Vincenti wrote: [edited]
>Graham Robson's  "Triumph Spitfire and GT6"
>John Thomason's "Triumph Spitfire and GT6 - A Guide to Originality."
-snip-
>For "wrenching" the "Bentley Manual" for Triumph Heralds/Spitfires/GT6s.
>the "Haynes Manual" for Spitfires.

[more good stuff snipped]

I agree 100% with all the points Ross makes about these books.
Permit me to add:

Lindsay Porter & Peter Williams' book "Guide To Purchase & D.I.Y. Restoration
of the Triumph Spitfire, GT6, Herald & Vitesse (Sports 6)"
This book makes a good addition to the above.  It has some good info on
what to look for when buying (or after you bought) these cars.  Also lots on
bodywork, mechanics and some historical / specification data.
(A good couple of pages / photos on distributor rebuilding Ross)

Also the TRF spare parts catalog.  It is an excellent source
of reference for how all those parts go together, and it's FREE.

Bob Sykes  (s1500@aol.com)    -  - -     __,@_\____
'78 Spitfires                   -  --    }-0-----0->