Re: Monza exhaust for TR6

To: tonyr@dzn.com
Subject: Re: Monza exhaust for TR6
From: andertonm@juno.com (Mark R. Anderton)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 18:11:12 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>CA>On Fri, 29 Nov 1996 14:42:34 -0400 (EDT) PARKS <PARKS@ithaca.edu>
>writes:
>CA>>I have recently purchased my first TR6.  The exhaust system is
>rather
>CA>>shot.
>CA>>
>CA>>I have heard that Monza Exhaust systems work well on these cars.
>Are
>CA>>they any harder to fit than the standard exhaust and will they
>show
>CA>>any
>CA>>increase in performance.
>CA>>
>CA>>Thanks in advance for your replies.
>CA>>
>CA>>David Parks
>CA>>70 Spitfire
>CA>>70 TR6  and assorted other Tr6's

I've always felt that the stock TR6 exhaust system was about the sweetest
sounding thing on wheels.  In spite of that, I took advantage of a recent
sale at TRF and bought the stainless steel system with dual mufflers.  I
hope I haven't made a mistake, esthetically speaking.  It's a beautiful
pile of metal on the garage floor right now.  Wish me luck.

Mark Anderton

1972 Triumph TR6 (daily driver)
1984 Jaguar XJ6 (2 ea - some people never learn)
1966 Morris Minor (everything a car should be)
1971 Land Rover
1967 Daimler V8 Saloon
1958 Velocette MSS (500cc single)