Re: Nick's Survey

To: Nickbk@aol.com, joeiv@concentric.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nick's Survey
From: rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 21:30:56 -0500 (EST)
Nickbk replied to:
>> My engine, #CC 4453 E, has NO number stamped

by saying:

> "Scully, it looks as if these numbers have been
> .....removed"

Well, I fnally got around to checking the numbers on the engine
and head in my 1970 GT-6+.  I'm about as certain as I can be
that this is the original engine and head.  The comm number
is KC77799L, the engine number is KD77692E - and guess what
*there's no number stamped on the head!*  I found the flat
boss where the number reputedly should be, but its obviously
never been machined flat, not had a number stamped.  That is,
its still has the rouhg finish of the casting.

cheers,

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU
http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm