Re: 70 TR6 and unleaded petrol solutions?

To: "Gene M." <MClan@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: 70 TR6 and unleaded petrol solutions?
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 22:28:00 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Gene M. wrote:

> I am curious what people with older TR's are doing now that the petrol
> is unleaded.  Are there replacement valve seats which need to be put in?
>  Lead substitutes-any good brands or sources (local stores seem to be
> phasing out a lot of the brands).  Anyone running a stock engine with no
> problems on the unleaded stuff?  I am in Calif. & we might have other
> additives that might cause problems. Any input will be appreciated.
>
> Gene M.
> 70TR6 CC52098

Gene,

I posted same question a while ago and got little responce. What I've been able
determine through other sources and conversations is that lead additives are
fine
as long as you run the car on a regular basis. If it sits around too much, the
additive can settle in the tank. Also, it is best to first mix the additive in
gallon container with gas and then put in tank. This helps to dilute (sp?)
additive
much better than if just pooring into tank.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6

P.S. Hopefully others will offer opinions!