TR250 info.

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR250 info.
From: Rob.Breakstone@infores.com (Rob Breakstone)
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 09:27:30 -0600
     I have been looking to buy a 1969-1972 TR6 for about six months now
     and I happened to come across a 1968 TR250 in Virginia.  The car was
     disassembled by the previous owner, who is now deceased, and
     supposedly is otherwise in good running order.  Motor totally rebuilt
     fairly recently, body has no rust.  Previous owner wanted to replace
     rubber between body parts but never finished.  Car has been garaged
     for over a year.  My question is is the TR250 a better Triumph (more
     rare) than the TR6 and what is the availability of parts?  Also I have
     not seen the car since it is four-and-half hours from my house.  What
     should I be concerned with when I do look at it yellow striped hoses,
     rust, missing body parts?  The asking price is $3900 and I believe the
     person is somewhat desperate since he also has four TR6's (sitting
     outside) and some MG's for sale.