Re: TR250 info.

To: Rob.Breakstone@infores.com (Rob Breakstone)
Subject: Re: TR250 info.
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 10:23:33 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Rob Breakstone asks:
"My question is is the TR250 a better Triumph (more
     rare) than the TR6 and what is the availability of parts? "

Better and more rare are two different things. Yes, the car is more rare,
only 8000-odd having been produced. Better? No, I don't think so. It was an
evolutionary model, like most, and has all the usual Triumph charm and
quirks. The mechanical parts are shared with the TR6 and are readily
available. The sheet metal is essentially TR4A and not so easily found
(compared to the TR6, which benefitted from the Heritage bodyshell
program).

The price is a bit steep for a car in a basket, even a clean one.

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951